The EXP-PROTO expansion board is a prototyping board, enables connecting and interfacing external sensors, actuators or devices. The EXP-PROTO gives flexibility to the user to prototype any sensor, display, MCU or IC in their project. The developer is free to connect any device to the board and interface it using the Z-Bus. Zerynth provides hardware development services and Certification services for the users who are interested in releasing their product in the market.
Zerynth expansion boards work seamlessly with all of Zerynth Development boards, combined they can act as a Development Board for prototyping a Product, and a core for industrial applications.
Resources and Documents¶
The modular expansion system uses the Z-Bus. The Z-Bus is an efficient, powerful standard for connecting and prototyping different sensors and devices. The Z-Bus is using the CN1 pin header (20x2) exposing the following:
- 16 GPIO pins.
- 4 interrupt pins.
- 2 USART/UART instances with full support (TX,RX,RTS,CTS)
- I2C, SPI support.
- 5V, 3.3 V output pins.
- Enable pin for controlling the power to attached expansion boards.
The development boards support up to 3 attached expansion boards.
Expansion boards vary in features and functionality. Currently, Zerynth offers expansion boards for :
- EXP-IO: Industrial input/output board with 4 solid-state relays, 2 analog channels (4-20mA/0-10V/NTC/current clamp) channels, 2 opto-isolated digital inputs
- EXP-RELAY: Relay board with 6 Electromechanical power relays rated 6A 250VAC.
- EXP-SER: Serial Communication board with : CAN, RS232 and RS485 interfaces.
- EXP-PROTO: Prototyping board for connecting and testing different types of sensors and devices.