Bridgetek BT81x series of Embedded Video Engines (EVE) utilizes an object oriented methodology for creating hi-quality human machine interfaces (HMIs). With support for display, audio, and touch, this new technology allows engineers to quickly and efficiently design HMIs and deliver robust solutions, hi-resolution displays with lower bill of material costs.
- BT81x functionality includes graphic control, audio control, and touch control interface
- Support multiple widgets for simplified design implementation
- Support Adaptive Scalable Texture Compression (ASTC) format to save considerable memory space for larger fonts and graphics images
- Support external QSPI NOR flash to fetch graphic elements (image, font, widget etc)
- Support 4-wire resistive touch screen (BT816)
- Support capacitive touch screen with up to 5 touches detection (BT815)
- Hardware engine can recognize touch tags and track touch movement. Provides notification for up to 255 touch tags.
- Programmable interrupt controller provides interrupts to host MCU
- Built-in 12MHz crystal oscillator with PLL providing programmable system clock up to 72MHz
- Video RGB parallel output; configurable to support PCLK up to 60MHz and R/G/B output of 1 to 8 bits
- Programmable timing to adjust HSYNC and VSYNC timing, enabling interface to numerous displays
- Support for LCD display with resolution up to SVGA (800×600) and formats with data enable (DE) mode or VSYNC/HSYNC mode
- Support landscape and portrait orientations
- Display enable control output to LCD panel
- Integrated 1MByte graphics RAM, no frame buffer RAM required
- Support playback of motion-JPEG encoded AVI videos
- Built-in sound synthesizer
- Audio wave playback for mono 8-bit linear PCM, 4-bit ADPCM and µ-Law coding format at sampling frequencies from 8 kHz to 48 kHz. Built-in digital filter reduces the system design complexity of external filtering
- PWM output for display backlight dimming control
- Supports I/O voltage from 1.8V to 3.3V
- Built-in Power-on-reset circuit
- -40°C to 85°C extended operating temperature range
- Available in a compact Pb-free, VQFN-package, RoHS compliant Below, Zerynth driver documentation for Bridgetek BT81x Embedded Video Engines.