The Melexis MLX90615 is a miniature Infra Red Thermometer for non-contact temperature measurements. Both the IR sensitive thermopile detector chip and the signal conditioning ASIC are integrated in the same miniature TO-46 can.
With its small size, this infrared thermometer is especially suited for medical applications like ear or forehead thermometers or other applications.
The infrared thermometer comes factory calibrated with a digital SMBus output giving full access to the measured temperature in the complete temperature range(s) with a resolution of 0.02 °C. The sensor achieves an accuracy of ±0.2 °C within the relevant medical temperature range; more information at Melexis dedicated page.
- Supply Voltage (Vdd): from 2.6 V to 3.4 V
- Operation Temperature (Top): from -20 °C to 85 °C
- SCL Clock Frequency (Fscl): 100 kHz
- Supply Current (Idd): from 1.3 mA to 1.5 mA
- Read Sample Time: 14 us (stardard mode), 1.5 us (overdrive mode)
- Measurement Resolution: 0.02 °C
- Power saving mode
- Customizable PWM output for continuous reading
Here below, the Zerynth driver for the Melexis MLX90615 and some examples to better understand how to use it.