The MPL3115A2 is a compact piezoresistive absolute pressure sensor with an I2C interface. MPL3115 has a wide operating range of 20kPa to 110 kPa, a range that covers all surface elevations on Earth.
The fully internally compensated MEMS in conjunction with an embedded high resolution 24-bit equivalent ADC provide accurate pressure [Pascals] /altitude [meters] and temperature [degrees Celsius] data. The internal processing in MPL3115A2 removes compensation and unit conversion load from the system MCU, simplifying system design.
More information at NXP dedicated page.
- Supply Voltage (Vdd): from 1.95 V to 3.6 V
- Operation Temperature (Top): from -40 °C to 85 °C
- Operating range: 20 kPa to 110 kPa absolute pressure
- Pressure 20-bit measurement (Pascals): from 20 kPa to 110 kPa
- Altitude 20-bit measurement (meters): from –698 m to 11775 m
- Temperature 12-bit measurement (°C): from -40 °C to 85 °C
- Precision ADC resulting in 0.1 meter of effective resolution
- Fully compensated internally
- I²C interface
Here below, the Zerynth driver for the NXP MPL3115A2.