The optically isolated relay is controlled by a PCA9554A IO expander, which provides an control interface to the switch. The PCA9554A has several selectable I2C addresses accessible via solder pads.
The TLP241A photorelay consist of a photo MOSFET optically coupled to an infrared light emitting diode which switches a AC or DC load. It provides an isolation voltage of 5000 Vrms, making it suitable for applications that require reinforced circuit insulation.
- 400-kHz Fast I2C Bus
- Three Hardware Address Pins Allow up to Eight I2C Addresses
- Internal Power-On Reset
- No Glitch on Power Up
- Latched Outputs With High-Current Drive
- Normally Open
- OFF-state output terminal voltage: 40 V (min)
- Trigger LED current: 3 mA (max)
- ON-state current: 2 A (max)
- ON-state resistance:
- 100 mΩ (max, t < 1 s)
- 150 mΩ (max, Continuous)
- Isolation voltage: 5000 Vrms (min)